I am referring to massage therapy. I have received therapeutic massages in many locations, especially when I travel. They are part my overall health program, they help me to keep my circulation moving and muscles relaxed. These are just a few of the benefits that I enjoy from therapeutic massage therapy. There are many different types of massage and I recommend that you experiment and see which styles suit you the best.
As a Health Care Physician, I regularly recommend that my patients receive therapeutic massages to speed their recovery. That request is met with mixed reviews, some people are excited to go, others wouldn’t dream of it! If you choose the latter, you must find a way to increase your circulation and as many of the benefits that massage offers as you can. Below is list of some of the benefits of Therapeutic Massage.
Benefits of Massage
- Relieves stress and promotes an overall feeling of relaxation, helping you breathe and move more easily
- Alleviates pain and tension, and helps you manage pain better
- Decreases inflammation
- Promotes speedy recovery from injuries (work, trauma, accident or sports-related)
- Increases mobility and provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Improves circulation
- Improves and strengthens immune system
- Relieves musculoskeletal problems and improves posture
- Reduces anxiety and promotes an overall feeling of well-being
- Increases lymphatic fluid movement
My suggestion is to find a massage therapist that has a good reputation and a few different styles of massage that they utilize. Try them all and you will find what you enjoy and what feels best to you. One of my favorites is called “Raindrop Therapy” which utilizes essential oils during the massage, it is very relaxing and therapeutic.
In reference to not “BEING RUBBED THE WRONG WAY” many people, including myself, have gone to a therapist and requested a deep massage only to wake up the next morning very stiff and sore. I suggest a light to moderate pressure at first, until you get to know the therapist and how they work.
Enjoy the experience of massage and use it, as I do, in my arsenal of tools to keep my body healthy. You will find it extremely beneficial to your Health.
Blessings to You and thanks for stopping by …. see you again soon!
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. ~ Buddha